Show Low Main Street plans to take on a project every year that will beautify Downtown Show Low and encourage additional investment. These projects are funded by revenue generated through community events they put on throughout the year.
1. Award Winning Collaborative Projects
- Discovering Show Low Master Plan
2005 Master Plan of the Year by the Arizona Planning Association
- Show Low Civic Center Celebrating Community
2006 American Society of Professional Architect’s Project Award
- Perfect Paws Facade Improvement
2007 Arizona Main Street Best Small Scale Project Award
- Show Low Creek Corridor Study
2007 Master Plan of the Year by the Arizona Planning Association
2. Show Low Elk Gateway Project
- Completed in 2008.
- Included “Welcome to Downtown Show Low” monument sign, elk statue and landscaping on the SW Corner of Deuce of Clubs and White Mountain Road.
- Arizona Main Street Award in 2008 as a Best Small Scale Project Finalist.
3. Deuce of Clubs Streetscape Enhancement Project
- Completed in 2010
- Conceptualized and spearheaded by Show Low Main Street in the late 1990’s.
- City of Show Low saved $1.7 million throughout much of the 2000’s to finance the project.
- Included pedestrian friendly walkways, new streetlamps, benches, trash receptacles and flower beds.
- Springboard to additional phases of streetscape enhancement including 9th Street from Deuce of Clubs to Hall Street in 2012 and 9th Street from Hall to Huning Streets and Hall Street from 8th to 9th Streets in 2016. Seeking grants for additional streetscape enhancement projects.
- Additional phases of Streetscape Enhancement are planned in the future.
4. Building Façade Improvements
- Secured several rounds of CDBG funds and assisted various downtown merchants with façade improvements including Perfect Paws, Trent Adams Dental Office, Branding Iron Steak House, Ellsworth Building and Mountain Tool Building.
5. Way Finder Signs
- Investing $7,500 in 2018 and partnering with the City of Show Low to replace six existing and add four additional way finder signs to downtown Show Low.
- Way Finder signs will match streetlamps added during Deuce of Clubs Streetscape Enhancement Project.
- Signs will list businesses and points of interest located on interior streets in the downtown area.